"Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay...it's not the end."

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

24 Days...But Who's Counting? =)

I really wish someone could have been videotaping me and my roommate this evening when we faintly heard the ice cream truck strolling through our surrounding neighborhood. We've been talking for awhile now how badly we wished someone would come around when the weather actually got nice. Picture two college girls yelling and screaming down the street and around the entire block, each sprinting and carrying her own piggy bank full of change...while the other college kids are sitting outside enjoying the nice weather and making fun of (they had to have been) how ridiculously determined both of them were to get a Blue Raspberry Screwball. It might have been the funniest five minutes of my life. And I'm pretty sure that if anyone would have gotten us on tape, we could have a shot at winning $100K on America's Funniest Home Videos.
After that adventure, I went and had a massive meal at Scotty's with Nancy (my mom's best friend). She's been coming up once a week to check on me and take me out to dinner...not to mention the few calls and/or texts in between visits. It's easy for me to see why her and my mom were best friends. She's just so amazing. We talked about my graduation, which is creeping up so quickly. Only 24 days left! It's crazy to think that my college career is almost over. Never in a million years did I ever think I'd make it this far, especially without my mama. May 7th is going to mean more to me than anything else ever has. I just have to push through three more busy weeks. Piece of cake though, right? =)

1 comment: