"Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay...it's not the end."
Monday, May 23, 2011
Post-Graduation Tonsillitis
Hello strangers! It's been awhile! I made it through my final week of school and survived graduation day with only a few rain drops. I had amazing support getting through my final days and felt all of the love everyone was sending me. I'm still waiting for my diploma in the mail, but since grades came out and I managed to maintain my 4.0 despite everything this semester, it SHOULD be coming soon. I moved my things up to Michigan the day after graduation and then left to go on a road trip. I ended up being bed-ridden with horrible, and I mean horrible, tonsillitis shortly after I made it to my destination, so it wasn't much of a trip. I stayed in bed with a high fever for three and a half days, but I missed being home so much that I slowly drove myself back and am still battling a swollen throat, jaw, and neck. I have a consult for surgery on Thursday and am hoping to have everything done and I'll be fully recovered by the time work starts June 13th. I am currently trying to relax and rejuvenate my body at the lake. It is the first time I have been able to get myself to come up here since my mom's passing. When I think about her it's hard NOT to think about the lake. The two went together; you can't disassociate them. Since the place still isn't opened up yet for the summer (that comes this coming weekend), I've used the quiet time to help heal not only my ailing body, but my soul (as cheesy as that might sound, it's true). It was a beautiful day out Saturday and I spent a lot of the time outside in the sun (finally soaking up some healing UV rays), under the willow tree, and admiring the one that was planted in my mom's memory...picturing how it will look fully grown next to the giant right next to it on the water's edge already. It's going to be beautiful. I find my time up here to be extremely bittersweet, trying to imagine what this first summer up here is going to be like without her. It's going to be tough for everyone. Baby steps. I took my first ones by just getting out of the car when I got here....it only took me two months, but I did it. Bring on the summer baby<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment